Sunday 19 June 2011

Something Old, Something New

I LOVE anything vintage because it has a story.  I came across a knackered, 1950's Revelation suitcase for £15 when antique hunting with a friend in Deal, Kent.  I thought with a little leather polish, I'd whip this baby back to life and use it for some bedroom storage.  However, no amount of leather cleaner in the world could revive this badly damaged case.  After being inspired by a few sites like Design Sponge, I decided to paint it and I think it came out pretty well!  Before and after shots below.

*The day I was finishing the now yellow and grey suitcase project, I found a beautiful black trunk abandoned on our street, which is also pictured below.  Result!

Before
After! (and with a new free trunk from the neighbor's garbage)

My inspiration. Love this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment