Friday 24 June 2011

Happy Friday!

Our new Velux windows have arrived!  Our builder Dave was busy today installing one of them and then found a broken tile in our roof which he spent some time fixing.  I'd rather a small delay to the loft than a leaky roof later!

Before...

After!  (Matt, one of our builders)

Dave the Builder replacing a broken roof slate 

I spent the day sanding and chipping paint from the apex trim and applied the first coat of primer.  And I learned a new skill in order to get to the hard-to-reach places...  Balancing my weight on a piece of plywood at the top of the scaffolding with an electric sander in my hand.  I am sure this will come in handy someday, in a "Stupid Human Tricks That Could Likely End in Death" competition.

Like my shades?  

No comments:

Post a Comment