Friday 17 June 2011

Lofty Ambitions

Here are a few photos of the work being done to the space.  The scariest part is over (lifting the massive RSJs / I-beams through a third story window by a crane operated by a 75 year-old Irish pub landlord who kept answering his phone during this dangerous process).  We've got another couple of weeks before we start the dormer which involves cutting into the roof and lifting it, to give us more head space.  As much as I love living with rubble in every room, I'm looking forward to the day that I'm not showering with dirt permanently in the bathtub.  We've got a long way to go until then...


Mark helping the builders.  He's got mad DIY skills...


Dyna's been project managing.



This day aged us (and our builders)

GET OFF YOUR PHONE

Mark guiding one of the RSJs up to the builders



3 comments:

  1. OH MY GAWD I had no idea. You are a saint. But think of how awesome it will be when you are finished! BEST HOUSE(RE)WARMING PARTY EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and this:
    http://unhappyhipsters.com/

    in case you don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Caitlin! And I never heard of unhappyhipsters.com until now, thanks for the recommendation. I love it!

    ReplyDelete