Monday 2 April 2012

Celebrating What Was

My Auntie Angie is so crafty.  She has recently turned the inside of her closet into an office!  I've been asking her for photos and she sent these along.  What I love most is that she incorporates family heirlooms, favorite photos and books into a space that she'll see almost everyday.  Things like my grandmother's typewriter, a self-portrait my cousin Michael drew when he was little and an old photo of her sweet puppy, Bogie. I definitely get my love of recycling vintage things from my Aunt and my mother. 

Wall paint: Benjamin Moore's "King Arthur's Court"
My grandfather's old metal grain scooper is filled with daisies
My grandmother's candy dish

I've recently been seeing a few closet offices cropping up on design blogs and think its such a great space saving and functional idea:





No comments:

Post a Comment